Further to an approved Research Proposal, the Dissertation needs to be an account of the work done and an assessment of its theoretical and possibly practical or policy value. This should include a consideration of the strengths and weaknesses of the work and some suggestions for any future research to which the work now points.
Mr King is a seventy-five-year-old male brought into the Acute Medical Ward via the rapid access clinic in University Hospital Waterford who alerted the Clinical Nurse Manager on the suspicion of sepsis and poor vital signs. The clinical nurse manager welcomed Mr. King reassured him and explained what was happening.
Mr King had Increasing shortness of breath and productive cough
Had Started five days ago, seen by GP and started on oral antibiotics two days ago. Became increasingly unwell despite antibiotics.
PMHx – COPD, T2DM, venous leg ulcer and HTN
DHx – salbutamol PRN, carbocysteine 375 mg TDS, tiotropium BD, metformin 1g BD, amlodipine 5mg OD, Ramipril 2.5mg OD. No known drug allergies.
O/E – Speaking in short sentences
Accessory muscle use
No obvious deficits in chest expansion
Global wheeze and crackles mid to base on right-hand side. Dullness on percussion to mid and lower right side.
Observations: BP 90/45 HR 130 CRT 6s SpO2 82% on air, respiratory rate 32, temperature 38.6 degrees.
This patient clearly meets the SIRS criteria being pyrexic, tachycardic and tachypnoeic. The purulent green sputum suggests the chest as a focus of infection, this is reinforced by the previous treatment and diagnosis of a lower respiratory tract infection by the patient’s GP.
Assessment of The Septic Patient
As with any critically ill patient, follow the ABCDE framework. A quick hello and how are you can give you an idea of a patient’s ABCDE state. I do this to tell me is this patient going to arrest on me in the next thirty seconds and do I have enough time to go into a more detailed assessment following handover? During my secondary assessment I can then take more time and be more thorough.thenar em
I also document my assessment in the ABCDE framework. It’s logical, allows you time to think and makes it harder for you to omit details in both examination and documentation of findings.
A – patent
B – Tachypnoeic with respiratory rate 32, SpO2 84% on air, equal chest expansion. Global wheeze and crackles mid to base on right side. Dullness on percussion to mid and lower right side.
C – BP 90/45 HR 130 CRT 6s, cold to touch.
D – Alert, blood glucose on venous blood gas 14.5 mmol/l
E – temperature 38.6 degrees
Basic investigations – blood cultures, clotting screen, full blood count, urea and electrolytes, liver function, C-reactive protein and a venous blood gas. Urinalysis and send for culture. Are they confused? Measuring of urine output is needed. Often a catheter is required for an accurate fluid balance
Use Irish references as much as you can. Use the Sepsis 6
Have an appendix with case presentation, nursing documentation, charts,
Answer these 4 questions listed below. Support your answers through text evidence and analysis. (A paragraph for each question.) Use these two books, Citizen by Claudia Rankine and Between the World and me by ta-Nehisi Coates.
1 Explain the struggle presented to Samori (and Coates’s audience) in Between the World and Me.
2 How are addressability and perspective used in Citizen? Choose one passage, quote moments from it, and analyze its purpose/function in comparison to the more traditional narrative format.
3 Why is it so difficult for Coates to tell his son that he has the right to be himself in America?
4 What do these two texts offer Americans in terms of understanding and interacting with social injustice?
My P•P: Type 2 diabetes adult patients
• I: Diet modification and physical exercise
• C: Compared to those who did not modify their diet or do physical exercise
• O: Controlling blood sugar
• T: Within six months period
My sentence format for my PICOT question would be, in type 2 diabetes adult patients, does diet modification and physical exercise helps in controlling blood sugar compared to those who did not modify their diet or do physical exercise within six months period?
First I had to come up with a topic:
Plastic bags should be banned in the United States
Over the years, there has been a concern from environmental and research organizations on the dangers of increased use of plastic bags on the environment. The use of plastic bags are posing threats to the environment since they are harmful to plants, animals, land, and the water. Although people are aware of the negative impacts of plastic bags on the environment, efforts to reduce the use of plastic bags have not been successful over the years. Some experts predict the use of plastics contribute to more than 30% of the total environmental pollution. In the U.S, plastic waste is the leading environmental challenge that the country currently faces.
Over 8 million tons of plastic find their way into the oceans annually thereby increasing the current estimates of 150 million tons of plastics currently present in the oceans. Although governments, policymakers, and research organizations have debated on the best way to control the use of plastics in the world, there has been mixed reactions on the total ban as the best policy. Some countries, have taken the bold move of completely banning the use of plastic bags.
Next I had to develop a working thesis statement for my research paper:
Working Thesis Statement
Through the long term overuse of plastic bags we have created millions of pounds of deadly debris in our oceans, lakes, reservoirs, rivers and landfills. This increasingly destructive threat could most simply be resolved through the use of paper, reusable, biodegradable bags in all retail stores, therefore, banning all plastic bags in the United States.
What I need:
4.) Assignment: Annotated Bibliography,
-Choose 5 sources that you are considering for your research paper.
– In a Word document, for each source:
a. Write an MLA format citation followed by a paragraph annotation of the source. The annotation should be a description and evaluation of the source. You can also explain how you will use the source to support your argument in your paper.
b. Each annotation should be approximately 150-200 words. Sample (from the presentation included in the lesson–see below for example):
Waite, Linda J., Frances Kobrin Goldscheider, and Christina Witsberger. “Nonfamily Living and the Erosion of Traditional Family Orientations Among Young Adults.” American Sociological Review 51.4 (1986): 541‐554. Print. The authors, researchers at the Rand Corporation and Brown University, use data from the National Longitudinal Surveys of Young Women and Young Men to test their hypothesis that nonfamily living by young adults alters their attitudes, values, plans, and expectations, moving them away from their belief in traditional sex roles. They find their hypothesis strongly supported in young females, while the effects were fewer in studies of young males, increasing the time away from parents before marrying increased individualism, self ‐ sufficiency, and changes in attitudes about families. In contrast, an earlier study by Williams cited below shows no significant gender differences in sex role attitudes as a result of nonfamily living.
• Explain the differentiation of one of your assessment for learning tasks (either summative or formative) to suit the needs of diverse learners. You should include a discussion of how the task has been differentiated and what you intend the differentiated task to achieve. You may choose the type of learner for whom you are differentiating.
• Discuss the evidence-based pedagogical strategies included in your unit of work to support higher order thinking.
• Discuss the way in which your formative assessment tasks can be used by students to improve their performance and by teachers to evaluate the success of the curriculum
• Critically evaluate the resources you have collected for their effectiveness in teaching this Area of Study
• Correctly reference sources using APA format
Please see the attachment as a frame of reference. The first attachment is the previous assignment using summative and formative assessment types to teach and assess student’s for Psychology classes. Please elaborate more on how this contributes to higher order learning (Bloom’s Taxonomy). The second attachment is the criteria (aim for HD (highly distinguished).
Please use specific and un-ambiguous sentences at the master’s level
Based on a service user statement, critically analyse a social issue, highlighting theoretical perspectives, practice implications and personal reflection.
“I have felt like a freak- you know, the name-calling- from neighbours- folk who are just ignorant of mental illness. We are now trying to break down some of the stigma, because people don’t really understand- they are scared. Mental illness is so different to a physical illness, because a physical illness you can see, with your eyes- if you’ve a broken leg or arm. But with certain types of depression- you cannot see it; no one can see it. So it’s hard.”
Sally (quoted in Cree and Davis, 2007, p. 65)
Service users statement should flow all through the essay
Internet Research : MROs in the News
As this is the current event research on MROs in this course aimed at reinforcing management and operation of MROs as business entities. For this assignment, kindly find an article in an MRO-related journal or other current resource which provides details on an MRO’s financial condition. Try to identify such things as:
– Has the MRO partnered with an OEM or global provider to conduct maintenance activities?
– Is the company a new or older MRO service provider?
– Has the company expanded or reduced their market footprint?
– Is the MRO gaining in market and or profit share?
Any type or size of MRO can be utilized for this activity. After locating and reading the article, write a 1-2 page synopsis of your findings.
Include details of the MRO with regards to the questions noted above. Include a cover page and reference page in your written document. Your submission is expected to be grammatically sound, free of spelling errors and formatted according to the APA 6th Edition. Provide at least one in-text citation and separate reference page to support your research.
and other sources are welcome on this topic. Thank you
View the short video by Ross Shafer from the following URL address on You Tube: https://youtu.be/8T54rQrMleA
The “personal’ side of exceeding customer expectations is probably the most gratifying part of the service industry. It makes the customer feel good and special, and it makes you feel good and special.
From the video, please answer the following questions:
1) Do you think Maria Garcias’ actions (getting the Diet Coke) were instilled in her through company training? Or do you think she did it on her own?
2) Think about the hiring process that took place when Maria was hired by this hotel company. What qualities do you think they saw in Maria that made her a good hire?
3) What Maria did was so simple; yet, her example is not common in our business, no matter what sector you are exposed to. If you were the manager overseeing Maria’s room service department, how would you motivate the rest of the room service team to work at her level of customer service?
4) How can we, as managers, better “tune-in” to the needs of our customers … especially those like Ross Shafer in the video; checking in after midnight?
5) Briefly describe the last time you were “wowed” by a special, unexpected personal service. How did you react? Did you provide positive feedback like Ross did in the video?
Using the questions as sub-headers, re-write the questions in your own words and answer each question in “mini-essay” form; that is, with an introduction, supporting body with references where appropriate and a conclusion for each question, three to four pages, not including cover and reference pages. Make sure to provide a proper introduction and thesis for the entire assignment at the beginning of the essay; that is, provide appropriate background information and establish the purpose before writing your mini-essays.
Answer the following questions, in essay form. Each question should be rewritten and answered completely, using complete paragraphs and citing sources both in-text and on the reference page.
1. Explain the importance of conventions to associations, and identify factors that association meeting planners consider when making a site selection. Additionally, describe the tools salespeople use to locate associations and to find information about the meetings associations hold.
2. Identify factors that corporate meeting planners consider when making a site selection, and describe the tools salespeople use to locate corporations and to find information about the meetings they hold.
3. Summarize sales considerations for selling meeting services and products to SMERF organizations, identifying several SMERF organizations.
4. Describe the convention and meeting sales techniques of sales blitz selling, trade show selling, selling with convention bureaus, site-inspection selling, and familiarization tours.