1.Analyze a security issue surrounding globalization. Describe the security issue provide at least two probable solutions to this global security problem. Explain how the high degree of interdependence of nations today impacts the security problem you discussed. 200 words
2.”A sense of place” refers to the feelings evoked among people as a result of the experiences and memories they associate with a place and to the symbolism they attach to that place (Knox & Marston, 2015, p. 23). Write about a specific place that matters to you. Describe the place. Discuss the significance of the place to you. Discuss the impact the place has on you. 75 words
3.What are some positive and negative effects of globalization on peripheral countries? Provide at least one specific example to illustrate a negative effect, and provide at least one specific example to demonstrate the positive effect. 75 words
Week 5: Scholarship of Evidence-based Practice
Describe at least two examples of how EBP scholarship is demonstrated either by you personally or by someone in your practice environment. Include in your example descriptions, which type of scholarship the example represents.
Recall from your lesson that the types of scholarship include (a) discovery, (b) teaching or (c) application and integration. Which type of scholarship do you think that your DNP project will be? Why do you think so?
Further, projects can be categorized into (a) quality improvements, (b) implementing practice guidelines, (c) evaluating practice processes and policy, or (d) examining patterns of behavior.
Thinking about these categories of scholarship and project type, how would you describe your potential project?
Week 5: Application of Borrowed Theories to Advanced Nursing Practice
Explicate a selected borrowed theory that you already know or one that you read about in this week’s lecture, readings or other materials. Provide an example of how this theoretical perspective has been used to frame nursing knowledge, care or leadership in any healthcare setting.
List the concepts that constitute the theory and
Describe the relevance of those concepts to your advancing nursing knowledge and practice.
In other words, you would not describe Maslow’s theory as it relates to an entry-level, new graduate nursing assessment, but you could consider how an advanced practice nurse, working on his or her doctoral degree would use that theory to improve patient outcomes, quality, and safety, access or cost.
Similarly, you could talk about how using Albert Bandura’s Self Efficacy concept facilitates more effective intervention in smoking cessation initiatives.
1 PAGE, 2 REFERENCES, APA.
Municipal solid waste (MSW) is all of the garbage, refuse, trash, or junk that gets thrown away from homes and small businesses. All of this MSW is collected and taken away. Have you ever wondered where it goes? In the 1950s and 60s, it went to open dumps. In the 1970s, landfills were established, but there were problems, and today there is new legislation and technology to better manage this waste.
Please use the attached worksheet for the required guidelines to complete this assignment.
Write a paper discussing the Opportunities & Threats of the SWOT Analysis (External Environment) of Procter & Gamble Co (NYSE). It should contain 3 pages plus APA style, single-spaced. Please include references.
Practicing for Your Final Assignment
Note: This discussion is designed as a practice exercise for effective use of PowerPoint when exploring issues related to this course. You will present your final project in this format as well.
Select one of the social issues discussed in this course, or another social issue (for examples, hunger or food insecurity, poverty or economic security, education and employment security, family structure, parenting, racial tension, legalization of marijuana, technology and the Internet, injury and pain management, military veterans) that impacts the community or a specific segment of the population and that may be addressed within the scope of the social work profession.
Complete a draft of a Power Point presentation about that issue for review and feedback from your peers. Make sure you include appropriate references to support your presentation.
Consider the social views of addictions and co-occurring disorders as you respond to these questions.
•Discuss and compare the different approaches to addiction management and treatment (medical, social, cognitive-behavioral). What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different approaches?
•Discuss the role of social work in changing or improving the social problems that exist as a result of addictions and co-occurring conditions.
Explain issues around access to care and prevention of illness as well as institutions that provide health care. Provide specific insights about health and wellness programs, as well as illness and disease management, for populations with limited health care benefits. How have health care reform efforts helped or hindered services to these populations?
Health Issues, Lifestyle Choice, and Social Justice
Consider general access to care, wellness practices, maintenance of health and prevention of illness, and treatment of illness (disease management). Briefly compare differences in scope (the extent and relevance to the issue of social justice) of two health conditions facing Americans today (obesity, chronic pain, tobacco use, diabetes, cancer, hypertension, HIV/AIDS, et cetera). Be sure to describe the demographics of the two populations you choose. Cite readings to support your claims.
•What kinds of early intervene strategies might social workers employ in their engagement with the two populations you chose to analyze, particularly in the context of social justice?
•What are the American mindsets about the two issues you identified?
•How can social workers influence these mindsets?
1. Compose a first person narrative discussing your personal experience (or lack thereof) with and perspective on religion to this point in your life and reflect on what you expect from this course. Some guiding questions:
- Would you consider yourself to be a “religious” person? Why or why not?
- What religion(s) are you personally most familiar with?
- How is your involvement with religion today different from how it was when you were growing up?
- What are your hopes and expectations for this course?
- How might this course challenge you: intellectually, spiritually, academically or otherwise? How do you plan to address those challenges?
- Length: approximately 500 words (grade penalty for every 10% [50 words] below target).
- Content should give me a good overview of your experience with and perspective on religion – a good idea of where you are coming from. Composition will also count. Do not neglect to also discuss your hopes and expectations for the course.
- Composition: demonstrate suitable college level writing skills (avoid errors in spelling, word usage, grammar, syntax, etc.)
This is an exercise in “discovery” intended to expand your “global awareness” of a variety of religions.
- You will also be introduced to several websites where information about various religions can be found.
- Information filled in on this worksheet will also help you identify some places you might visit for your field research later in the semester.
- Download and save the Download and save the it is attached below.
- Fill in the blanks in the charts in the document by using the resources indicated on the worksheet.
- Answer the questions, locate the closest non-Christian religions, and add your reflections on the exercise on the worksheet.
- Be sure to re-save your worksheet with the additions you have made to it (and make sure you add your name to the top).
- After you have completed your worksheet, click the “submit” link above and attach your completed worksheet.