This assignment will allow you to explore the locations and siting of the objects and monuments we have studied so far. By calling up three-dimensional views through mapping programs (such as Google Street View and Google Maps or Earth on your phone or computer), you will become familiar with the larger setting and geographical, topographical, and spatial details of these places.
1) Please create a document with at least one hyperlink (you can provide more if you find it useful) to two monuments each from Chapters 1-7. This will produce a total of 14 hyperlinks.
2) Go into Google Earth or Google Maps, search for these locations, use Street View to “place yourself” in the locations.
3) When you visit each location, find at least one view that interests you (one is the minimum requirement, but if others appeal to you, by all means, include them too!).
4) EXPLAIN why you have selected your VIEW(s) in one or two pithy sentences. Your explanation should convey why the view(s) you have selected enhances your understanding of the monument/place/site/object itself. In other words, how does seeing the Street View image of this place further your UNDERSTANDING of it, beyond what we discussed in class?
5) Chapter 1 is about (Art in the Stone Age) = 2 Separate Hyperlinks monuments
Chapter 2 is about (Ancient Mesopotamia and Persia) = 2 Separate monuments Hyperlinks monuments
Chapter 3 is about ( Egypt from Narmer to Cleopatra) = 2 Separate monuments Hyperlinks
chapter 4 is about (The Prehistoric Aegean) = 2 Separate monuments hyperlinks
chapter 5 is about (Ancient Greece) = 2 Separate monuments hyperlinks
chapter 6 is about (The Etruscans) = 2 Separate monuments hyperlinks
chapter 7 (The Roman Empire) = 2 Separate monuments hyperlinks