Please read the assignment description.
The athlete has to be a professional tennis player or a professional footballer
This assignment is intended to assess the following learning outcomes: Thinking skills
1. Analyse the factors under pinning training.
2. Examine and evaluate the effective ness of training programmes.
Subject-based practical skills
3. Plan safe and effective training programmes.
You are required to construct an annual training programme for a competitive athlete of your choice. Within the programme you will need to consider the following
• You will need to analyse the physiological demands of the sport
• The sport must be different to your group presentation
• You will need to objectively identify the current physiological status of
the athlete (performance profile)
• Indicate appropriate performance and competition objectives
• Create an annual training programme, identifying different periods
within the year
• Graphically present the periodisation of the annual training programme
• Describe and provide a rationale for the types of training undertaken
with reference to the principles of training.
• Describe one micro cycle for a single component of fitness within the
competition phase of the annual training programme. Compare this to a micro cycle in the pre competition phase.