Please see white paper guidance document attached and also below, which also includes the context and the outline of the final report.
The topic is philanthropy for the organisation (Medtronic) and how better to formalize it’s philanthropic/volunteer activities.
WHITE PAPER GUIDANCE DOCUMENT – FINAL REPORT
What is required in this white paper is a high level strategic assessment of one or more key issues relating to responsible leadership and change in your current organization or a new venture and a plan for addressing them.
As a basic structure you should provide
• an introduction in which you explain what you plan to cover
• a body of the document in which you draw on concepts, theories and frameworks from the course to diagnose the issues, analyse their impact and propose strategies to address them
• a conclusion in which you summarize the key points.
Paper Development Guidelines
• Issues are any problems or opportunities you perceive as having a significant effect on the organization and/or its activities
• Collecting and analyzing relevant data means collecting and analyzing data about the key issues. This data may be primary (collected by you for the purpose of this project through surveys or other means) or secondary data (data previously gathered and assembled for some project other than this one by your or someone else) or both.
• Diagnosing the issues drawing on concepts, theories and frameworks from the course, means using concepts, theories and frameworks from the course to identify, interpret and describe the issues, assess their causal antecedents and predict their likely consequences.
• Analyzing their impacts means assessing the potential consequences of the issues in more detail e.g. organizational impacts if left unchecked or not addressed
• Strategies to address them involve specifying action plans to address them including an assessment of resources required, timeframes and risks
Final Report Requirements
•Report must include:
◦an introduction in which you explain what you plan to cover
◦a body of the document in which you draw on concepts, theories and frameworks from the course to diagnose the issues, analyse their impact and propose strategies to address them
◦a conclusion in which you summarize the key points.
•Length: 1800 words (+/- 10%) This word count excludes cover page, contents, references and appendices.
•Your reference list may include articles, books and other materials from both academic sources (including the course) and non academic sources but must include a minimum of 8 peer reviewed academic journal articles, of which 50% should have been published in the last 10 years. Your reference list may include reference sources used in your first assignment.
I have attached some journal articles on both corporate philanthropy and leadership, feel free to use others or if you need more, please let me know.
I have also attached your previous report on leadership and change.