● K3: Identify key players in the creative media industries and discuss their interplay
with wider cultural, economical, political and geographical phenomena;
● S2: Present an objective argument succinctly in written form employing a standard
● S4: Discuss culture and communication in different media disciplines (audio,
picture, film, web).
The Comparative Discussion Paper requires you to explore your own discipline as well as
another chosen discipline(s) of creative media. You should develop and present an
insightful discussion comparing and contrasting key players from different creative media
industries. In your comparison, discuss at least one of the following aspects:
social-cultural, stylistic, economic, political and/or geographical.
It is important that you develop a specific focus for your project to ensure that your
comparison is clear and consistent around similar aspects between the two industries.
● 2400 words (±10%, not including quoted materials);
● You must consider at least one of the following aspects: socio-cultural, stylistic,
economic, political or geographical influences in the creative media industries;
● You should seek approval for your topic from the lecturer/programme coordinator at
least four weeks in advance of the deadline;