2 three-page essays answering two of the following questions.
- How has the status on women changed in the post 1945 world? Discuss this issue in relation to at least two individual countries or regions. You might want to consider the relevance of economic circumstances, government policy or cultural, religious trends to this issue.
2. Has globalization been good or bad for the post 1945 (and you may want to begin in the 1980’s) world? It would probably be better to discuss only briefly the general pros and cons, and then focus on a few selected areas or countries as examples of your thesis.
3. What are the chief successes and failures of United States foreign policy since World War II? Why did these successes or failures occur? You will want to limit your answer to a few test cases.
4. The post-1945 world saw the triumph of neoliberalism, i.e. radical free market economy policy in several countries beginning in the late 1970’s. Discuss several case studies where this new policy produced beneficial or negative outcomes.
5. By 2020, which country will be the dominant country in the world? Justify your choice by discussing trends and events discussed in this course