1. Speak about the nurse to patient ratio
policy issue, the current status of this issue in today’s time, and an overview of a plan for a legislative visit with a legislator.
2. Articulate key communication strategies involved in an approach to the legislator including plan, message, and recommendations; the focus is on evidence-based communication techniques for effective healthcare policy visit to the legislator.
3. Provide an analysis of empirical evidence of effective communication strategies and techniques to support an effective visit and follow-up to the legislator.
4. Provide specific examples of the impact and/or importance of a successful visit/presentation to nursing.
5. Provide concluding statements summarizing the content.
5 sources: journal articles dated 2012-2017